Reporting to the Director of Merchandising & Logistics, and as part of the Merchandising & Logistics division, the Procurement Manager - Grocery is responsible to oversee all functions of the development of purchasing and marketing programs providing supervision and leadership to the food procurement team. The Procurement Manager - Grocery will take on the lead role in coordinating the day-to day activities of the Food buying Procurement team to maximize sales and margins of the Co-op System and Arctic Co-ops businesses.
As a member of the Merchandising Services Team and as a member of the broader organizational team, this position is instrumental in the delivery of continuous improvement efforts toward achieving and maintaining organization sales and service excellence.
• University degree in business administration or related field
• Professional certification such as SCMP, preferred
• A minimum of 5 years procurement experience in the retail industry, with a strong emphasis on food commodities.
• Minimum of 2 years of leadership or supervisory experience
• Understanding of SKU rationalization, planograms, and merchandising for effective inventory turns and profitability.
• Able to work in a multi tasking, fast paced environment.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Proven commitment to customer service for internal and external customers.
• Ability to work independently, as well as a member of a team.
• Effective interpersonal skills and the ability to establish and maintain working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to independently manage multiple priorities and conflicting deadlines.
• Proven background in maintaining and developing strong vendor relations through program development and negotiations.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs including Word, Outlook, and Excel.
• Proven commitment to personal growth and development.
• Willing and able to travel as required to remote Arctic communities.
• Physical ability to lift and bend with merchandise weighing up to 20-25 lbs.