Please note this position requires relocation to either Nunavut, Northwest Territories or Yukon.
Reporting to the Store Manager, the Assistant Store Manager will be a key player on the Management team of Kissarvik Co-operative Ltd. The Assistant Store Manager will be responsible for assisting in various retail activities of the Co-operative. The Assistant Store Manager is responsible for supporting the ordering process, maintaining pricing, stocking, and rotation of merchandise in the grocery area, and to perform other functions as required throughout the retail store. Key accountabilities include managing on a day-to-day basis the retail store; supervision of staff, training and development of local staff, achieving specific financial performance targets of the store, and providing excellent member service.
•Organizational and time management skills
• Work with little or no supervision
• Customer Service oriented
• Proven computer proficiency
• Ability to lift approximately 50 pounds at a time;
• A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a grocery/retail management environment