Reporting to the General Manager, the Grocery Manager is responsible for the overall operation of the Grocery Department including sales, gross margin and other expense control; budgeting and attainment of financial results; store standards; implementation and adherence to company programs; as well as human resources and administrative duties. The Grocery Manager will provide leadership to all positions in the Grocery Department and will exemplify and promote the Co-op’s branding initiatives.
▪ Customer Service - focus on customer satisfaction and needs, ensure that employees provide superior customer service on a consistent basis.
▪ Merchandising and Housekeeping - responsible to maintain the proper merchandising and housekeeping standards in the store.
▪ Financial - provide leadership to organize, direct and co-ordinate the activities and operations of the Grocery Department to achieve or surpass financial goals.
▪ Inventory - responsible for the procurement of merchandise and using good inventory management practices.
▪ Asset Protection - responsible for the protection of company assets and for leading loss prevention initiatives.
▪ Human Resources – to provide leadership