Reporting to the Assistant Manager, Member Accounting Department, the successful incumbent is responsible for the preparation of monthly and year-end financial statements of assigned Member Co-operatives. In addition, the person will provide day-to-day support to Co-op staff in recording of transactions.
• Post secondary education in Commerce/Business with a major in Accounting; Enrolled in and working towards completion of a professional accounting designation;
• Experience with accounting and financial analysis in a computerized environment;
• Proficient in the preparation of monthly financial statements and maintenance of electronic working papers;
• Proficient in accounting and/or auditing and strong understanding of accounting principles;
• Proficiency in using accounting software programs i.e. ACCPAC, Microsoft Office Suite and some POS system;
• Proficient in developing and analyzing financial data;
• Ability to work independently and within a team environment;
• Ability to work within the budgeted time and meet deadlines;
• Strong time management skills and ability to multitask;
• Strong analytical skills and attention to detail;
• Strong communication skills, both written and oral;
• Good interpersonal skills;
• Highly organized and efficient;
• Ability to travel as required;
• Proven commitment to personal growth and development.