Please note this position requires relocation to Yellowknife, NT
The primary objective of the Meat Manager is to uphold corporate policy, procedure, direction and culture; ensuring objectives/goals for the department and Co-op are met.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Meat Manager will be a key player on the Co-op Management team. The Meat Manager will work in conjunction with the General Manager in the management and control of the Meat department with the primary responsibilities focusing on the various retail activities of the Co-operative. The Meat Manager’s key accountabilities are to oversee and manage the day-to-day operations of the Meat department; meat cutting; supervision and the training and development of staff; achieving specific financial performance targets of the departments, and providing excellent member service.
• Minimum of five years related experience in a Supervisory/Management role in food or non-food operations;,/br>
• Ability to manage inventory levels, order stock and price products to achieve gross margin targets;
• Excellent people management skills including the ability to hire, train, motivate, evaluate, correct, develop, and increase staff performance in a cross-cultural environment;
• Well developed financial management skills including a good understanding of profit and loss management;
• Solid oral and written communication and presentation skills combined with customer service and problem solving skills;
• Strong leadership and interpersonal skills;
• Excellent organizational, time-management and project management skills;
• Progressive knowledge and experience in the industry including competition, trends and understanding the market place;
• Knowledge and experience in a computerized environment, including the operation and administration of Point of Sale (POS) computer systems.
• Proficient in office software packages including word processing, spreadsheets, etc.