As a lead role to the Corporate Accounting – Financial Reporting service team, this position will assist the Department Manager in providing leadership and expertise in the development and execution of the financial management and reporting strategies needed to support the business needs and goals, as well as in the preparation and analysis of financial statements.
• Supervise and coordinate day-to-day activities of Corporate Accounting financial reporting team leading to the production of month-end financial statements of Arctic Co-operatives Limited and subsidiaries in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
• Prepare year-end financial statements with supporting working papers and backups ready for review by external auditors
• Oversee the Nutrition North Canada (NNC) claim process
• Analyze actual financial results against plan
• Provide mentorship and technical advice to Corporate Accounting positions. Up to five direct reports.
• Ability to oversee multiple projects while delivering results on schedule.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.