Reporting to the Hotel Managers of the Siniktarvik and Turaarvik Inns North Hotels, this position is responsible for the effective administration of hotel operations ensuring a high level of customer service to the patrons. When the Hotel Managers are away from the operations, this management position will provide management coverage at that property. In all other times, this position will work between both properties.
The Assistant Hotel Manager is responsible for the day-to-day supervision of the Hotel staff, specifically the Front Desk, Housekeeping and Bar to ensure that guests experience a superior stay. This position is also responsible to support the daily financial records and reporting, payroll administration, day-to-day business communication, marketing and promotion and other duties as assigned.
• Effectively organize and oversee all hotel duties including all filing (reservations, bookings, lease information, invoices, statements etc.), ordering adequate office supplies, preparing and sending customer invoices and basic office procedures;
• Supervises, trains and assigns duties and responsibilities to the Head Cleaner to ensure daily and monthly deadlines are met;
• Schedule staff to cover the Front Desk/Gift Shop. Maintain a cigarette control log.
• Schedule staff for the Bar. Insure that the Bar is fully stocked. Maintain the inventory control sheets
• Supervise the Hotel Shuttle service which services both Hotels.
• Supervise the Gift Shop, insure it is fully stocked at all times.
• Manage the reservation system;
• Conduct day end closing procedures and reconcile reports as necessary. Report all shortages or reconciliation issues with Manager, Hotel Operation;
• Process all incoming and outgoing transfers, invoices and charges;
• Ensure optimal customer relations by responding effectively to customer requests;
• Ensure the accurate recording and organization of payroll records including timesheets, schedules and related payroll files and employee records;
• Schedule with the Head Cleaner staffing requirements based on occupancy;
• Send reservation information to the Manager, Hotel Operations and General Manager at least weekly but whenever a significant change occurs;
• Ensure that the office and general workplace meets the highest of standards for cleanliness and organization. Delegate clean-up activities as required;
• Market the Hotel and Conference Centre to the fullest capacity;
• Communicate to the Kitchen Manager all requests for Banquet costing and quotes.
• Communicate to the Manager, Hotel Operations all Group and/or Conference information and requests.